Pages

Monday, March 1, 2010

Menu Monday #

Baked Ziti Supreme, peas, corn, garlic bread

Poppyseed chicken, Creamy Italian Chicken, green beans, wild rice

Grilled steak, potatoes, squash

Baked chicken, rice, green peas

Shrimp Scampi, Deer Meat Parmasian, butter beans, salad

One of this weeks menu items is found on Joyful Johnson's blog. I have tried several of Roan's recipes and my family loves them and often requests the delicious meal! (changes had to be made to menu...I love pasta but... 3 dishes in one week is a little much)

Baked Ziti Supreme
Ingredients:
1-pound ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
1 jar (28 ounces) Pasta Sauce with Mushrooms
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (6 ounces), divided
5 cups hot cooked medium tube-shaped macaroni (about 3 cups uncooked)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Directions:
  • In large saucepan over medium-high heat, cook beef and onion until beef is browned, stirring to separate meat. Pour off fat.
  • Stir in pasta sauce, 1-cup mozzarella cheese, and macaroni.
  • Spoon in 3-quart shallow baking dish.
  • Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese.
  • Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

 Deer Meat Parmesan
Ingredients:
Venison Minute Steaks, (2 packs if for a crowd)
Large can Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs
Grated Parmesan Cheese
2 Large Jars of Spaghetti Sauce

Directions:
  • Take 2 cups of bread crumbs and mix 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese (double for crowd)
  • Throughly coat each steak and fry in small amount of oil (just enough to brown each side)
  • Layer steaks in casserole dish. Dust with parmesan cheese and put 3 Tbl of spaghetti sauce on each. Dust with more parmesan cheese.
  • Keep making layers, add cheese, and spaghetti sauce until all meat is used.
  • Bake at 350 for approx. 30 minutes.
blue heart divider

2 comments:

  1. Terrie,

    I have made this recipe of Roan's, and it is yummy! You'll love it!!
    Best wishes for a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terri,

    I Googled recipes with deer meat and I stumbled upon your blog and I love it! You seem like such an amazingly fun and godly lady. Your website is super cute, has great recipes and I love the bible verses. Thanks for such an amazing site. Would you mind if I added you to my blog roll so I could keep up with new recipes and verses you post?

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete